[mythtv-users] House (Chicato OTA Fox) failed to record

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Mon Mar 2 17:00:14 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-03-02 at 09:58 -0600, Matt Garman wrote:
> Bump...
>

> At least a couple (non-consecutive) times now, "House" has failed to
> record.  I'm using a HDHomeRun to capture Chicago-area OTA
> broadcasts.  Normally everything "just works", but these missed
> recordings are getting annoying.
>
> I don't understand all of the log (see below), but one line looks
> particularly suspicious:
>
> 2009-02-16 18:59:02.280 Could not find channel 32_1 in TVCT
>
> Searching on similar strings in the archives suggests that I should
> re-do the channel scan... but will this permanently fix the problem?
> The other thing that's odd is that this problem doesn't surface for
> every recording; I think all other Fox recordings work, and House
> usually records... randomly it doesn't though.

It looks like it is tuned to the wrong frequency, it is seeing
7-1, 7-2, and 7-3 on that frequency, not 32-1. You could just
just look up what frequency 32-1 is supposed to be on online
and rescan only that transport. Or just poke that value into
the dtv table.

Until the digital transition is over June 12th, rescanning frequently
is a good idea as things will be moving around. Someday we can just
think of it as the Feb 17th that lasted four months. :)

-- Daniel