[mythtv-users] DVI to HDMI what about th eaudio???

Allen Edwards allen.p.edwards at gmail.com
Sun Mar 1 22:38:58 UTC 2009

I have been following this thread as well as all past audio threads in
the last 6 months.  However, I do not have direct hands on experience
with audio over digital either hdmi or dvi.

That said, here is my wag on how to address this:

Update everything, alsa, nvidia, MB bios.

Go into the bios and look for a way to switch the audio from the spdif
output to the dvi output.  This may be called something like "turn off
spdif" which will totally confuse anyone.

Run alsamixer and look for a control for the IEC audio over DVI (maybe
just IEC3) and enable it.  If there is a IEC slicer, set it to 0.

Run asound -l and find your output and set up xorg.conf appropriately.

Let me know if this works.

Allen