[mythtv-users] Boxee/Hulu?

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Sun Mar 1 05:44:13 UTC 2009

On Sun, Mar 1, 2009 at 4:15 AM, Brian Wood <beww at beww.org> wrote:

> We have here the classic case of parties A and B making an agreement that
> binds party C to do something. This is generally considered not allowed.
>
> Probably of interest to folks following this thread:
>
> http://www.wjla.com/news/stories/0209/598054.html

copyright licensing has little to do with contract.

I own copyrighted material. You have no right to copy it or do various
other things with it unless I grant you a license to do those things.
I can release my material (eg on the web or on a cd) on certain
conditions, which conditions are called a licence. You don't need to
pay me anything. You don't need to buy the Cd from me. The fact is you
are only licensed to use the material on my terms, and those terms
allowed by the copyright law.