No subject

Wed Jun 24 15:02:31 UTC 2009

had good sucess with minimal effort with the nvidia cards. The only
complaint that I have seen consistantly is the inability to adjust for
overscan on the newer chipsets with the Linux drivers. You can do it
with the Windows drivers so I guess it will eventually be implemented
for the Linux drivers as well. If you are only doing SD, then the
8400GS should be fine. It is one of the cheapest, there are lots of
fanless versions. and it can do Advanced 2x with SD (but not with HD,
then you can go with Temporal 2x). If you want to do HD then I would
look at 8500, 8600, 9500, 9600 from a different manufacturer than the
one you currently are using. I would say that your problems are the
exception rather than the norm. So it is something specific to your
card, motherboard, or configuration.