No subject

Wed Jun 24 15:02:31 UTC 2009

Video hardware is an AMD/ATI 780g (Radeon HD 3200).  I'm using the Open
Source Radeon driver as the proprietary one doesn't get on with myth very

"The most overlooked advantage of owning a computer is that if they foul up
there's no law against whacking them around a bit."

-----Original Message-----
From: mythtv-users-bounces at
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at] On Behalf Of Steve Milner
Sent: 22 July 2009 17:06
To: Discussion about mythtv
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Remote Mythfrontend Problem

On 22/07/09 12:45, Mark Garland wrote:
> Hi Steve,
> Your logs show the same as the issue I'm having, except mine doesn't just
> glitch, it completely locks.
> RingBuf(/video/1001_20090717183822.mpg): Waited 1.0 seconds for data to
> become available...
> /video would suggest that the front end is accessing the file directly and
> isn't streaming it from the backend.
> I've selected the "Always stream from Backend" option in the hope that
> was contention between the frontend and backend trying to access the same
> file, and that this would resolve it as only the backend would be trying
> get the file.  Too soon to say right now.
> I'm new to myth, so happy to be corrected by more experienced members...

I've had the "Always stream from Backend" selected as well. I'm not sure
it improved things much.

However, I also decided to see if it was doing what it should be and
unmounted /video and it then wouldn't play anything at all.

I'm not sure what that means, to be honest.

I'm fairly sure that it's the backend that creates the RingBuf file.

What distro are you running and what is your video hardware?

mythtv-users mailing list
mythtv-users at