[mythtv-users] Interfacing Zotac IONITX to Analog TV

Jim Stichnoth stichnot at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 18:19:25 UTC 2009

It's really a shame that Zotac didn't include at least a composite
video output on their ION boards.  There's room for one below the
power and antenna connections.  Or at least a header on the
motherboard to allow some sort of low-cost add-on for displaying on
"legacy" TVs.  There are 9400-based cards that have TV-out, so it
seems that it should be possible.

As far as I know, every cable/satellite HD box has outputs for non-HD
TVs.  This omission, in my mind, prevents the Zotac board from getting
wide use as a silent frontend (for MythTV or any other media center).

Jim