[mythtv-users] mce remote (lirc) fails after resume from standby

Alan Marchiori alan at alanmarian.com
Tue Jun 30 04:06:18 UTC 2009

> Yes, this is more or less the same lirc version mis-match biting Fedora 10
> users in the ass right now. There were incompatible changes between the
> 0.8.4 and 0.8.5, so you need to make sure if you're building your own driver
> that it matches your available userspace. I'd suggest you try patching the
> driver in lirc 0.8.4a instead of the latest lirc release or cvs if updating
> your userspace to match isn't practical.

I got 0.8.5 working ... ubuntu had lircd in /usr/sbin the make install
put lircd in /usr/local/sbin

I removed the files (lircd and lircmd) in /usr/sbin and made symlinks
in /usr/sbin pointing to /usr/local/sbin.

Worked on the first try.  I did one suspend-resume cycle and it also
seems to have solved the suspend-resume issue.

 Thanks!