[mythtv-users] Tuning to DVB channel without transmisson

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 17:16:02 UTC 2009

On 29/06/2009, Dag Nygren <dag at newtech.fi> wrote:
> Hi there
>  Our MythTV (0.21-fixes) seems to freeze with a black screen when trying to
>  tune to a DVB channel wothout transmission.
>  This happens regularly here as we have childrens channels that stop
>  transmitting at 18:00 and starts again in the morning. If the last channel my
>  children watched was one of these and I continue watching later in the evening
>  I am had.
>  The only way I have been able to get out of this is editing the mythconverg
>  database by hand.
>  Is there any easier workaround or do I have something wrong in my setup?

Do you have 'Interactive TV' [1] enabled? If you do, and the channel
displays an off-air broadcast message, you should be able to choose
another channel normally if you tune to the channel whilst it is not

[1] configured in mythfrontend TV setup

Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki:
MythTV users list archive: