[mythtv-users] ASUS M3N-HT Deluxe - Myth / VDPAU compatible?

Matthew Harrison lists at mwharrison.co.uk
Mon Jun 29 00:21:25 UTC 2009

Hi,

I'm looking to upgrade one of my PC's and wondered if anyone had any
experience with this motherboard (ASUS M3N-HT Deluxe) or chipset (nForce
780a) running Myth that they could share with me.

The system will be running dual screen with a HDMI connected 1920x1080
screen for TV and a secondary display connected via the VGA port at
1200x1024 at 85Hz. The machine will run Ubuntu and will run the latest
packaged Myth build, with an eye to a 0.22 upgrade at a later date if
VDPAU will work. Ideally I would like to have the primary screen switch
automaticly to match the source frequency, if not, I would like to fix
it at 50Hz.

The system will be a front end only, and needs to be able to cleanly
play any current or foreseeable future UK DVB-S or DVB-T HD transmission.

The processor will most likely be a Phenom II x3 720 and it will have
plenty of RAM.

I'm mostly interested to know how the onboard graphics will perform with
VDPAU (will I need to add a graphics card) and if I will be able to get
tearing free HD video with reasonable de-interlacing without VDPAU.

Thanks,

Matt,