[mythtv-users] New MythTV interface announced!!

Anthony Giggins seven at seven.dorksville.net
Sun Jun 28 23:58:21 UTC 2009

> We have just announced a project to build a complimentary frontend
> interface
> for MythTV.
> Summary project information can be found at
> www.mythtv.org/wiki/mythtouchmote.
> The idea is for MythTV to fully support the use of Touchscreen devices as
> the primary interface to MythTV; going way beyond what is available
> currently with programs which simply send keystroke commands to the
> standard
> front-end telnet interface.
> Devices in mind include Nokia-N800-series (they are cheap on eBay),
> iPhones,
> Android phones, UMPCs, tablets and the like.
> Comments on the specification are welcome. People interested in this
> solution who are willing to contribute to the bounty and developers, or
> development teams, interested in working on bringing the interface into
> reality.
> www.mythtv.org/wiki/mythtouchmote

Correct me if I'm wrong but I seem to remember that with the MythUI
rebuild for 0.22 this implements mouse support which should help with
touch screen support? not sure if this s of any help to the project though

also it would be nice to see gesture based controls as shown in

it might be worth teaming up with the mymote (iphone app) creator.....