[mythtv-users] my mythtv network stopped recording shows... why?

stuart stuart at xnet.com
Sun Jun 28 17:45:40 UTC 2009

Marc Tousignant wrote:
>> Hi...
>>
>> Last week my mythtv network stopped recording shows.
>> ...so, it looks like the data base is corrupt, people agree?

> Run a 'mysqlcheck -c mythconverg' to check what is wrong. You can also run
> 'mysqlcheck -r mythconverg' to fix issues.. but I would backup before just
> to be sure.
> Otherwise, restore is your only option.
>
> Marc

Thanks Marc and John for your help.

Then I ran mysql repair and it said:
> mythconverg.recordmatch                            OK
> mythconverg.romdb                                  OK
> mythconverg.weatherdatalayout
> note     : The storage engine for the table doesn't support repair
> mythconverg.weatherscreens
> note     : The storage engine for the table doesn't support repair
> mythconverg.weathersourcesettings
> note     : The storage engine for the table doesn't support repair
> mythconverg.websites                               OK

Re-running mysql repair does not fix the weather problem:
> mythconverg.weatherdatalayout
> note     : The storage engine for the table doesn't support repair
> mythconverg.weatherscreens
> note     : The storage engine for the table doesn't support repair
> mythconverg.weathersourcesettings
> note     : The storage engine for the table doesn't support repair
> mythconverg.websites                               OK

But - running mysql check does not report a problem with the weather
data base.  Everything is ok for the check.  Not sure what to do here.
I know weather has not been working lately though.

The mythweb page still does not show any upcoming recordings.  I'll try
to restart the master mythbackend.

That fixed it!  Now there is a boat load of scheduled recordings showing up.

Thanks guys!