[mythtv-users] mythtv apple trailers updated to v0.4.2.2

Tom Flair tom at graniteskies.net
Fri Jun 26 13:08:00 UTC 2009

2009/6/25 Bobby Gill <brownitus at gmail.com>

> On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 5:28 PM, Nick Rout <nick.rout at gmail.com> wrote:

>> the

>> > I just wanted to take time and say thanks for this.  I finally got
>> around to
>> > adding it to the menu and showed it to my wife.   She got a big kick out
>> of
>> > it.  :)
>>
>> Well thats the ultimate test!
>>

> This sounds great so I just tried to set it up, but having a problem with
> nothing showing up when I hit the Apple Trailers button in the FE (FE just
> goes blank, with theme and time showing). Output:
>
> QFile::open: No file name specified
> 2009-06-25 20:24:11.470 MythThemedMenuPrivate: Couldn't read menu file
> appletrailer.xml
> Segmentation fault
> ┌─[ 20:24 ][ ~ ]
>
> Segfault happens if I hit any key.
>

> Thanks for any help
> Bob

Do you have a symlink at /usr/share/mythtv/appletrailer.xml pointing to
where the real file is?

The guide suggests outputting the contents from running the script to the
mythtv home directory. So if you do an ls -l you should see something like
this:

$ ls -l /usr/share/mythtv/ | grep appletrailer
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root     39 Jun 24 13:16 appletrailer.xml ->
/home/mythtv/appletrailer.xml

If that symlink isn't present, then you would probably get that error.