[mythtv-users] HD-PVR lossless transcode - smart naming script

Ian Forde ian at duckland.org
Wed Jun 24 17:40:34 UTC 2009

On Sat, 2009-05-16 at 18:14 -0500, Christopher Meredith wrote:
> What does this script do? It losslessly cuts commercials from HD-PVR
> recordings and gives them smart names.
>
> So 1431_20090218195000.mpg
>
> becomes
>
> Lost.S03E03.Further Instructions.mkv
>
> It runs as a user job and can put the transcoded files anywhere you want.
>
> Project page here: http://monopedilos.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=hdpvrcutter.pl
>
> Special thanks to Robert McNamara. I welcome suggestions. As the page
> explains, I'm hardly a perl programmer; this is largely a
> copy-and-paste job. But it works. Please let me know your experiences
> and if there are things I could do better.

Apparently, the ticket containing the avidemux cutlist patch  -
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/5809 - is now closed as "wontfix".
(Which, in all fairness, Robert has historically stated that he was
going to eventually do.)  There is a reference to "better, cleaner ways
of handling this".  Unless I missed something (which is quite possible)
I'm not sure what any of them are...

Anyone?

	-I