[mythtv-users] xvmc-opengl missing?

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 15:28:46 UTC 2009

2009/6/25 Marc Tousignant <drayson at net1plus.com>:
> I just recently moved from 20344 to 20732 and am having a bitch of a time
> getting video to playback now.
>
> I reverted back to 20344 and restored the database, issue resolved. But I
> found the cause. Xvmc-opengl is missing.

XvMC-OpenGL got removed in changeset 20723.

"Remove the xvmc-opengl video renderer. The code is not widely used,
has probably been broken for some time, has limited vendor/hardware
suppport, supports only 1 video codec and is superceded by newer APIs.
"

> I have an nvidia card in the system, one that does not support vdpau, so
> using nvidia’s vxmc is my only solution.

> With mythtv.org being down I am not able to search the subversion commit
> history to see if anything would have caused this change, or if there is a
> different option needed in the config. Thou looking through the config I do
> not see any new options for xvmc-opengl.

Works fine here ...

In IRC #mythtv, on dev said something along the line when XvMC-opengl
was being discussed, that you could scream at him (or was it something
more nasty :)