[mythtv-users] Watching web streams?

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Mon Jun 22 20:32:25 UTC 2009

On Monday 22 June 2009 14:03:51 Jim Morton wrote:
> How can I watch shows that www.TNT.tv broadcasts on the Web? I used to
> do it on my Windows pc attached to the tv but I converted that to a
> Mythbuntu box (and I love it). Now if I exit the f/e and start Firefox
> then goto TNT and try to watch something it just says there was an error
> streaming. The commercials play just fine but when it gets to the show
> it pops up the error. I suspect it is a DRM issue and since I'm not on
> Windows anymore it doesn't work. Assuming I'm right is there a DRM
> package I can install (or is that a Windows exclusive?)  that will
> satisfy TNT? Or should I dual boot? Any other suggestions?

Is this a 64-bit machine? I think there are still some issues with flash and
64-bits under Linux, and if they are using flash this might be part of your

Though the fact that the commercials work would tend to argue against that

If it's a DRM issue there is probably no Linux way around that.

If you have a spare Windows machine (or can run one as a Virtual Machine) you
might try something like Tversity to serve up the content you want.

Brian Wood
beww at beww.org