[mythtv-users] Storage Groups question

Johnny jarpublic at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 14:47:51 UTC 2009

> No, the drives are different sizes and one of them had content.  I've run
> mythtv for a long time now (5 years!!), but I just added in a slave backend
> for the first time so that drive was empty but the other was not.
>
> However, I've decided to remove the nfs mounts from the storage groups so
> that all recording will be local, and if one of the drives starts to get too
> low in space I can always manually move a few files around.

How are your storage groups set up. Are all of the drives in the same
storage group? Did you only set up storage groups on the MBE and make
sure all storage groups are deleted off of the SBE? Also I believe
there is a setting to indicate which storage group should be used for
live tv. I remember I had some odd things happen because I didn't
remove the default storage group from the SBE and so it was overriding
the definition I had on the MBE. You may have something odd like that
going on.