[mythtv-users] Minimum hardware recomendation
allen.p.edwards at gmail.com
Sun Jun 21 22:46:34 UTC 2009
Yes, this is an ATSC OTA system so analog it dead. She is comparing it to a
one year cable contract with DVR at under $300 so getting her to see the
benefit of stepping up to the joys of Myth is worth something but $500 may
be pushing it.
The benefit of the desktop system is:
1) Stable software.
2) Can use XbMC on a used computer for not much money
3) Can use an Air2PC card for not much money if they are still available or
I can give her one of mine
The benefits of a VDPAU system are"
1) The is the future so an investment here is good for a longer time
2) Good quality de-interlacing
3) Reasonable cost for a new system
This discussion is helpful and I appreciate all the comments. It is very
unclear which way to go, however.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the mythtv-users