[mythtv-users] no sound in vlc on windows when playing a mythtv recording

Phil Wild philwild at gmail.com
Sun Jun 21 13:42:10 UTC 2009

2009/6/19 Phil Wild <philwild at gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> I just tried streaming a recording taken from ABC1 in Australia on my
> Windows PC, streaming from mythweb. I received no sound. I tried
> downloading and playing the file in Windows Media Player and again in
> VLC with no change.
>
> ffmpeg gives me the following about the file.
>
> Seems stream 0 codec frame rate differs from container frame rate:
> 50.00 (50/1) -> 25.00 (25/1)
> Input #0, mpegts, from './1022_20090305110000.mpg':
>  Duration: 00:19:12.95, start: 67905.240767, bitrate: 5303 kb/s
>  Program 1
>    Stream #0.0[0x903]: Video: mpeg2video, yuv420p, 720x576 [PAR 64:45
> DAR 16:9], 15000 kb/s, 25 tbr, 90k tbn, 50 tbc
>    Stream #0.1[0x904](eng): Audio: mp2, 48000 Hz, stereo, s16, 256 kb/s
> At least one output file must be specified
>
> Can anyone suggest what the problem might be?

Hi,

Just thought I would bump this...

I have spent ages searching for a solution to this and so far have not
found one. These videos play fine inside the mythweb player, but if
you download them from mythtv onto a windows PC, they play without any
audio, I have tried VLC, Windows Media PLayer, DIVX player. As a last
resort, I just tried XBMC and they do play with xbmc so there is audio
there. How can I get the audio to play in VLC or Windows Media Player?

This is a mythTV setup for a primary school and the idea was that they
could play the content from mythweb in the classrooms. Most of the
items they wish to record come from abc1.

Cheers

Phil