[mythtv-users] Help adding USB cardreader

Javier Perez pepebuho at gmail.com
Sun Jun 21 12:52:25 UTC 2009

Hi
I need some ideas.

I ran out of USB internal headers on my motherboard and I want to install an
internal card reader (one of those that go on the 3.5" bays and
are attached to an internal header). My board is a Zotac 630i F-E, the one
with a wifi card. What I did not count on is that the wifi card
would consume one of the internal USB headers.

The way I see it I have the following options.
1. Find out a low profile PCI-E USB card with an internal header. Haven't
found out one yet.
2. Find out a low profile PCI-E USB card with a internal dual usb connector
and find out a USB A to header cable.
    Haven't found out the card yet and so far I think the usb to header male
cable have been discontinued. I would have to build my own.
3. Find out a Serial header to USB converter (Does it exist at all?)
4. Uninstall the wifi mini card and purchase PCI-E wifi card to recover the
USB header. Haven't started yet looking out for this option
    because phillosophically I would hate it, but if it is the only solution
then I would do it.

--
/\_/\
|O O|  pepebuho at gmail.com