[mythtv-users] Upgrading from 32-bit to 64-bit and maybe a distroswitch?

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Fri Jun 19 17:47:24 UTC 2009

On Jun 19, 2009, at 1:33 PM, jedi wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 03:34:35PM -0600, match at ece.utah.edu wrote:
>> On 19 Jun 2009 at 0:37, Jarod Wilson wrote:
>>
>>> Are people really still afraid of 64-bit? I've had my head in the
>>> sand
>
>   The only problem I would see with 64-bit is proprietary binaries
> and this
> could be quite a show stopper (binary drivers,

All the relevant ones with any significant userbase I know of come in
64-bit flavors now.

> libraries

Non-issue if your distro actually has sane multi-lib support.

> or browser plugins).

Haven't seen anything nspluginwrapper couldn't handle, and the only
real high-demand plugin I know of it flash, and there's a 64-bit
version of that now too (albeit still in beta).

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com