[mythtv-users] Myka is Shipping

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Wed Jun 17 23:46:23 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 17 June 2009 16:16:35 Mark Knecht wrote:

> Nice looking unit specs. Congrats on the purchase and getting a larger
> drive.
>
> 160 Million installed BitTorrent clients to talk to sounds like a good
> opportunity to get myself in trouble with Comcast! ;-)

I don't plan on using the torrent client unless I can find some unquestionably
legal source.

I've wondered about my using bittorrent to DL Linux distros causing my ISP to
pay attention to what I'm doing.

The "BitTorrent equals Piracy" attitude has always bothered me, there are lots
of legal uses for it.  That attitude is probably responsible for the lack of
interest in a BT client for Myth, the devs know there are legal uses, but
also recognize that most people don't know it.

The Myka was supposed to have the BT logo on it, but some legal problems made
that go away, not that it matters to me.

--
Brian Wood
beww at beww.org