[mythtv-users] HVR-1600 and MythTV

Nick F nikos.f at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 20:13:56 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 2:12 PM, Peter Cross<pjcrux at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a HVR-1600 dual NTSC and ATSC tuner card model Hauppauge model 74551
> LF rev C1A3 on Fedora 9.
> However the card still will not show. Am I missing one the steps? I did have
> problems with the second step not working (even when I put in the actual
> kernal reference and remove the "uname -r"

I have this same card (cx18-0: cx23418 revision 01010000 (B)) and it
works fine for me under Fedora 10.  Under 10 there is no need to
manually compile the kernel module.  Once you copy the firmware over
it 'works out the box'. There have been improvements, so there is a
real benefit to compiling, but it works just fine without it.  Since
Fedora 9 support is being dropped in two months - one thing to think
about.

The other thing with this card is that sometimes it doesn't show up in
mythtv-setup.  If I manually type in /dev/video0 in the box - it show
up.  So - something to think about (assuming dmesg is showing it being
activated)