[mythtv-users] HVR-1600 and MythTV

Peter Cross pjcrux at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 19:12:23 UTC 2009

Team,
Sent an email a few days ago and didn't get a bite back so I'm resending and
hopefully will be more clear.

I have a HVR-1600 dual NTSC and ATSC tuner card model Hauppauge model 74551
LF rev C1A3 on Fedora 9.

LSPCI | grep cx18 returns the following:

02:0b.0 Multimedia video controller: Conexant Systems, Inc. CX23418
Single-Chip MPEG-2 Encoder with Integrated Analog Video/Broadcast Audio
Decoder

Under setup in MythTV the card does not show. I have following the
instructions from Dale Pontius via the following link:

Install *HVR-1600* drivers
# yum -y install ivtv-firmware
# yum -y install ivtv-kmdl-`uname -r`
# yum install mercurial
# cd /usr/local/src
# hg clone http://linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvb
# cd v4l-dvb
# make && make install
# wget http://dl.ivtvdriver.org/ivtv/firmware/cx18-firmware.tar.gz and copy
to /lib/firmware
Reference: http://ivtvdriver.org/index.php/Cx18
Reference: http://www.ivtvdriver.org/index.php/V4l2-ctl_(Examples)

However the card still will not show. Am I missing one the steps? I did have
problems with the second step not working (even when I put in the actual
kernal reference and remove the "uname -r"

somebody please throw me a bone here what am I missing? Any  help is always
appreciated!

--
Cheers!

Peter J. Cross