[mythtv-users] Those tasty Zotac boards

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Wed Jun 17 08:56:47 UTC 2009

Matthew Keefe wrote:

>> I'm pretty certain the tallest point on the board is not actually the
>> heatsink, but the 3-port analog audio header on the back of it.
>> Those are usually right around 1.75 - 1.85 inches, so, I don't see any
>> way you could get it into anything less than that in height.
>>

> Hmm, that's a bummer.  I'll give them a call and see what they say.  If I
> find out anything interesting I'll let you guys know.  Perhaps other itx
> boards have a lower profile though I doubt that's the case.
>
> Well, it's something to mull over.  Thanks for the pointers fellas

It won't do, since the mini-ITX spec allows for a standard back ATX panel which
will be a standard height: around 1.75 inches. The board and components behind
are usually lower, but the panel is your show-stopper.

While idly investigating such boards I have seen others which don't have the
back panel, instead having headers for all services, presumably for
vehicle/automation use. You might do better with one of those if low height is
your thing.

--

Mike Perkins