[mythtv-users] How to wait for mysqld to be ready before launching the backend?

Manu eallaud at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 01:08:28 UTC 2009

	Hi all,
I have some issues with my setup: it is a combined BE/FE, and 1 out of
3 times mysql is read for connections much later than usual because it
is busy recovering from a crash (this may be related to some issues
with the intel driver crashing during the shutdown of my PC, but this
is another story).
To make a long story short, I want to modify the backend startup script
to make sure mysqld is ready for connection before launching the BE.
Indeed for now the BE exits if it cant connect to the DB.
Thx for any help,
Manu