[mythtv-users] Busted pcHDTV HD-5500

Larry Sanderson larry.sanderson at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 18:48:39 UTC 2009

> > From: Larry Sanderson <larry.sanderson at gmail.com>
> >
> > I have never seen a blown capacitor before, but google can
> > help me there.  I
> > think I'll try looking the card over one last time, clean
> > the leads, and give
> > it another shot.
>
> [OT]
> Google 'capacitor plague'
> I hadn't either until one of my LCD monitors died and I googled around a
> bit. Pulled it apart and four of the six caps were popped.
> Going to solder in $10.00 worth of caps and (hopefully) bring it back to
> life.

Interestingly enough, the board didn't have any cylindrical or disc shaped
capacitors.  There were a bunch of tiny components soldered to the board
labeled C012, C121, ... which might be capacitors, but they all looked fine.

For me, I guess the board is just dead.  No biggie - ordered a new board this
morning.

Thanks everyone for the help!