[mythtv-users] TEMP FIX scte65scan .sql file (sourceid question)

Brad Fuller bradallenfuller at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 00:29:52 UTC 2009


I had a couple of problems with scte65scan. The last one was that
there was a conflict on an mplexid (all mplexid's require uniqueness).
Roy has a hack for this, Dennis said he'll look into it. What I did
was add 1000 to all my mplexid's in the .sql table (the file that
scte65scan generates). That's a temp fix too, but it's working

The other issue I had was with sourceid. My original concern was that
the myth-svct.sql file had a statement to delete the table where
sourceid of 1:
DELETE FROM dtv_multiplex WHERE sourceid=1;

and that concerned me since I already have a sourceid of 1. In fact I
had 4.  Dennis and others suggested I use the -f option to force the
sourceid like:

./scte65scan -f3,5 -H FFFFFFFF,1 -p -V 0x0BB9
us-Cable-Standard-center-frequencies-QAM256 > myth-svct.sql

and that's what I did.

Note that you must know what sourceid you would like to use, and this
requires that you know your mythconverg database well. It'd be nice if
scte65scan could check the database for a sourceid to use so as not to
conflict -- it would make is safer.

It would also be nice if it could check mplexid's so there is no
conflict. Perhaps in a future version.

In any case Dennis has a great program and has saved many hours of work!

Thanks Dennis!


Brad Fuller

More information about the mythtv-users mailing list