[mythtv-users] scte65scan .sql file (sourceid question)

Brad Fuller bradallenfuller at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 20:49:24 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 11:56 AM, Brad Fuller<bradallenfuller at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 11:43 AM, Larry W<larry104 at pacbell.net> wrote:
>>> Why don't you use the -f flag to set the sourceid: E.g. -f 3,3 creates the
>>> sql for sourceid = 3 (-f n,m where n=format and m=sourceid)
>>>
> On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 11:52 AM, Brad Fuller<bradallenfuller at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I did, but it never locked when I did that.
>> what I had to do was:
>>
>> ./scte65scan -f3 -H FFFFFFFF,1 -p -V -x0BB9 us-Cable.... > myth-svct.sql
>>
>> which worked.
>>
>> should I have done:
>>
>> ./scte65scan -f3,5 -H FFFFFFFF,1 -p -V -x0BB9 us-Cable.... > myth-svct.sql
>>
>> I don't quite understand why we need to put the sourceid in.
>
> oh... do you assume there is only one sourceid per cardid?

UPDATE:
I created a new video source (just pointed a new one at an existing
Schedules Direct Comcast Digital lineup) and scanned for channels
inside mythv-setup, so I would get a new sourceid. This sourceid is 5
(which makes sense.)
I then edited my myth-svct.sql substituted sourceid=5 or sourceid=1
and tried to merge. Unfortunately, I rcv an error right off the bat:

ERROR 1062 (23000) at line 71: Duplicate entry '68' for key 1

Looking in the myth-svct.sql file I don't see any duplicate entry. Has
anyone received this error before?