[mythtv-users] The state of trunk, vdpau, hd-pvr, etc

Jim Stichnoth stichnot at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 20:26:51 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 10:33 AM, Greg Estabrooks<greg at phaze.org> wrote:
>> house.  The real problem was with the themes, basically the fact that
>> Terra was the only working theme and it was both incomplete and very
>> different from blootube.  There are other, "unapproved", ways of
>

>  Ummmmmm MythCenter(-wide) works fine, blue works fine as far as I can tell.
>
> Haven't tried any others though.

When I ventured into trunk, I thought I had read that Terra was the
only working theme.  I probably would have tried out the other themes
if I weren't spending my time on HD-PVR and VDPAU.  I'm glad to hear
that more themes are available and usable.

>> and wedges the backend which has to be manually restarted.  Others are
>> the lack of lossless transcoding, and weird low-res thumbnails in the
>
>  My lossless mpeg2 stuff appears to be working fine. Are you getting an error
> of some sort? Or are you trying lossless h264?

Yes, sorry, I was referring to lossless h.264 transcoding from the
HD-PVR.  Mpeg2 and mpeg4 lossless transcoding is still fine.

Jim