[mythtv-users] scte65scan .sql file (sourceid question)

Brad Fuller bradallenfuller at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 16:29:36 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 9:11 AM, Mark Knecht<markknecht at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 8:44 AM, Brad Fuller<bradallenfuller at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 7:32 AM, Mark Knecht<markknecht at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 7:24 AM, Brad Fuller<bradallenfuller at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> <SNIP>

>>> Could you back up your current database, run the command, and then
>>> look to see what happened?
>>
>> I could, but it would be a lot better to understand the dB from an expert.
>>

> How will you determine whether the person who responds is a dB expert? ;-)

Heck, I don't know. If Michael Dean spoke up, I would be pretty sure
it was right ;-)

Anyway, mythweb tools told me what sourceid is from what card (after I
deciphered the channels numbers to what belonged to what sourceid)

Here's how my tuners lineup:

sourceid   Tuner           connected to
1              PVR-250      analog cable
2              pchdtv3000   ATSC OTA
3              HDHR 0       ATSC OTA
4              DCH3416      digital cable

I'm want to insert a new table and the .sql that scte65scan created
said to delete sourceid 1. That doesn't sound good to me.

Note that I do have HDHR 1 in my mythtv-setup, but I've never scanned
for channels and so I assume that's why there is not sourceid for it.

Using the MySQL Query Browser, I see that there are two sourceid's in
the dtv_multiplex table: 2 and 3. That makes sense to me since those
are the two tuners connected to OTA. However, I don't know why the
DCH3416 settop box isn't in there too, since it's digital cable. I can
only guess it's in another table.

---
AH... I just queried on cardinput table and I see:

cardid   sourceid   displayname
1, 1, 'Comcast Analog'
2, 2, 'pcHDTV3000 ATSC'
3, 3, 'HDHR ATSC'