[mythtv-users] The state of trunk, vdpau, hd-pvr, etc

John P Poet jppoet at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 15:44:21 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 8:45 AM, Jim Stichnoth<stichnot at gmail.com> wrote:
>  There are still some rough edges.  The worst
> is that occasionally (every 2-3 days) an HD-PVR recording flakes out
> and wedges the backend which has to be manually restarted.

It is probably the "preview generator" which is causing the problem.
Doing something like "pkill -f generate-preview" will likely "fix" the
problem for you.  I have that in a cron job which runs frequently.

Jean-Yves Avenard has manged to get the latest ffmpeg ported to Myth,
and that might be the real fix for this problem.   Unfortunately, the
porting of that code is so nasty, that is will probably take a lengthy
review process before it gets merged into trunk.

I have been running H264Parser-fixes-v1.1.patch from
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/6243 for several months.  It works
well, and is a more "proper" implementation than what is currently
committed to trunk.

If you use LiveTV (shudder), then you would probably be interested in
hdpvr-signalmonitor.patch from http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/6611.
 You may also want to try ringbuffer_reset_v2.diff from
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/6602.  I personally have not tried
ringbuffer_reset_v2.diff myself, so YMMV.

John
--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?