[mythtv-users] Issue with eit_cache
mark at wormgoor.com
Mon Jun 15 12:01:28 UTC 2009
I seem to have an issue with EIT and the eit_cache table. I'm running a
master and a slave backend. All encoders are on the slave backend,
including one DVB-C (KNC1) card. This card retrieves the EIT data for
those channels on which I've set the useonairguide flag. Works like a charm.
Now, the problems start when I only restart the slave backend. At this
time, there is still data in the eit_cache table. This is not cleared by
the restart. As a result, EIT scanning doesn't work anymore. To resolve
it, I either need to:
- stop the slave, truncate the eit_cache table and start the slave
- restart the master backend (which also clears eit_cache)
I'm running 0.21-fixes (SVN 20600M, library 0.21.20080304-1,
mythtv-backend-0.21-208.el5 from ATRpms.net).
I've searched Google and Trac, but came up empty. I've run mythbackend
with -v eit, but that doesn't help. I think this is because EIT is still
working, but only for those channels that don't have an entry in
eit_cache. I'm getting some eit updates in the log every now and then,
but some channels were totally outdated. After a truncate/restart, the
problem is resolved and I get all my channel info in the program guide
as I'd expect.
More information about the mythtv-users