[mythtv-users] Openchrome XvMC problems in mythfrontend

Peter Holmes pholmes at india.com
Sun Jun 14 09:21:33 UTC 2009

> Ronald Pijnacker wrote:
>> Indeed.
>> However for me, that does not solve the actual problem.
>> It just suppresses the warning that set me on the wrong foot in the first 
>> place.
> ?
> Then you xvmc isn't working well enough for Myth.
> I.e.: it's a config thing.

At the time I removed the dri I just edited the vsync.cpp file and changed the card name from 'card0' to being 'card1'.
This was just a quick and dirty hack to get it to work.
Other changes I did to get my system working are as follows:
-Added the file /etc/X11/XvMCConfig. File just contains the library 'libXvMCW.so.1'
-Made sure that the myth playback setting for the video resolution being used was set to 'XvMC VLD'.
-Make sure I compiled the code with the --enable-xvmc --enable-xvmc-pro options

Hope that helps.
P. Holmes

Search for products and services at: 

More information about the mythtv-users mailing list