[mythtv-users] Graphite Theme Preview (.22/Trunk)

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Sat Jun 13 01:14:18 UTC 2009

Hi all,

It's been a bit since I touched base about the Graphite theme for the
forthcoming .22.  I had taken a bit of a break from it but have made some
recent progress and things are starting to come together now.  I thought I
would post a two or so minute video of the theme in action to call some
attention to the neat features of MythUI and .22.  In particular you might
look to see:

Fanart, Banner, and Coverart support in the Watch Recordings Screen
Fanart, Banner, Coverart, and screenshot support in MythVideo
Neat Alpha, reflection, and animation effects
(patch not in trunk yet) Season/Episode/Subtitle support for TV series in
MythVideo, and TVDB grabber

Now, the theme is pretty rough at the moment and a long ways from finished,
but it's starting to look fairly consistent so I figured I would share this
to see if people are interested in coming on to the theming mailing list and
giving things a try themselves.  There's never been a better time to work on
themes for Myth, and there's still time (if one were to work diligently) to
get a theme done in time for .22.

Please pardon the poorish quality of some of the video and the fact that
weird flickering things happen.  There's just no good screencast software in
linux that likes to record OpenGL.  Istanbul does the best job, but is still
imperfect.  These weird glitches don't occure in MythUI/the theme.  ffplay
and Myth seem to do an okay job playing the file, Firefox sometimes works
okay.

That said, watch and enjoy:

http://www.fecitfacta.com/graphitepreview.ogg

Robert