[mythtv-users] Adjust MythTV brightness during playback?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Jun 12 15:04:28 UTC 2009

On 06/12/2009 02:57 AM, Neil Bird wrote:
>   I'm sure I used to be able to adjust brightness, etc., with 'G'
> (although thinking about it now that may have been watching live-TV
> and adjusting the actual channel's values).

Right.  G is the default binding for "Recording picture adjustments for
this recorder" (TOGGLERECCONTROLS).  And Ctrl+G is the default binding
for "Recording picture adjustments for this channel" (TOGGLECHANCONTROLS).

>   Is it possible to change the brightness during playback of recorded
> programmes?  For one reason or another, video often comes up dark on
> my main PC;  I've adjusted mplayer to cope with this (but did have to
> add a filter to enable the brightness option to work with '-o xv',
> which I thought a little odd) and would like to do something with
> MythT for the odd occasion I watch recordings on my PC.
>
>   It sort of looks like 'F' ought to do it, but it only brings up a
> volume control.

That (F) is the default binding for "Playback picture adjustments"
(TOGGLEPICCONTROLS).  You seem to either a) have something else bound to
it or b) have a card that doesn't support Xv picture controls (i.e.
NVIDIA 6x00 or higher).

Use MythControls to check your bindings.

Mike