[mythtv-users] Upnp server comes and goes

Mark J. Small msmall at eastlink.ca
Wed Jun 10 18:55:58 UTC 2009

Hi everybody,

Thanks for the help with fixing my database ip address earlier this week.  I
now have upnp working at least somewhat.  I can see the files on djmount
(which I use for testing), and on Canola with my Nokia 770 (the final goal for
playing music.)

The problem is that I can only see the upnp server sometimes, usually
immediately after restarting the backend. After a little while, neither
djmount nor Canola can see the upnp server anymore.

Can anyone guide me to a solution.  Recent similar posts have mentioned the
routing table, well here is mine (slightly edited to hide my ip address):

Kernel IP routing table
Destination     Gateway         Genmask         Flags Metric Ref    Use Iface
X.X.X.0     *               255.255.248.0   U     0      0        0 eth0
192.168.0.0     *               255.255.0.0     U     0      0        0 eth1
224.0.0.0       *               240.0.0.0       U     0      0        0 eth1
default         blk-X-X-X.ea 0.0.0.0         UG    0      0        0 eth0

I'm using the debian-multimedia.org stable repository.

Thanks,

Mark