[mythtv-users] Myth experiences with Zotac ION + ATOM mobo

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Wed Jun 10 18:10:04 UTC 2009

Brian Long wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 11:44 AM, Mike
> Perkins<mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk> wrote:
>> Brian Long wrote:
>>> I've toyed with netboot using GPXE and since it supports HTTP
>>> downloads of the initrd, it is lightning fast compared to standard
>>> TFTP.  Playing around with MiniMyth and a slow VIA CPU, it boots in
>>> 1-2 minutes which only happens if suspend/resume fails for some
>>> reason.  I would plan to do the same should I purchase the ION
>>> motherboard.
>>>
>> If it takes that long to boot minimyth, you're doing something wrong. I'm
>> running a 1GHz LN10000EG board and it goes from button-press to first menu
>> in 35 seconds. I'm using a standard TFTP and DHCP setup, although the server
>> which runs these isn't a myth server. I have a 100Mhz ethernet network.
>
> I never figured out the procedure to cache the theme images when
> netboot'ing so each time it has to scale the theme images.  Like I
> said, I was toying with it.  :)  The other thing I was hoping to do
> was configure the MePO-wide Theme for Minimyth since it was not
> bundled last I looked.  I use MePO-wide on my primary frontend and I'd
> like the other frontend to have the same theme.

It's not fun, but I ended up touching a file called <hostname>+themecache.sfs in
the appropriate conf-rw directory under tftpboot and giving it 666 permissions.
In theory this is a security hole, but I think it's safe enough.

--

Mike Perkins