[mythtv-users] ATSC EIT confuses show descriptions?

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 15:59:14 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 7:55 AM, Harry Coin <hcoin at quietfountain.com> wrote:

> It is not always wrong, nor is it very predictable.   Is EIT broken and
> should I turn it off?   Does it have a timezone problem matching
> descriptions to shows?  Something?  What?

This sounds a lot like you have both schedules direct *and* EIT going on the
same channel.  You should never, ever, EVER do this because, well, this
happens.  It can also result in your shows not being recorded because the
EIT ever-so-slightly doesn't match one of your rules.  Use EIT or SD, but
not both on a channel.

Robert