[mythtv-users] Long delays with remote occasionally

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 14:06:16 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 5:14 AM, Adam Skinner<kingmoffa at gmail.com> wrote:

> When things do get slow navigating the menus with my lirc serial remote
> - I can use my iPhone that talks to to the frontend via an app using
> telnet. This is so much more responsive. Unsure about response with
> keyboard as I dont have one hooked up often and its usually bluetooth
> ifs so.

Just to be clear, if you're talking about remote delays when
navigating menus outside of video playback, this could something
entirely different from the delays discussed in the original topic
here.

I'm fairly sure that the delays discussed here where _only_ when
playing recordings.  Josh's patch affects the ffmpeg file format code,
and certainly won't affect anything outside of that.

Tom