[mythtv-users] Myth experiences with Zotac ION + ATOM mobo

Doug Lytle support at drdos.info
Wed Jun 10 12:45:57 UTC 2009

Jeff Wormsley wrote:

> For some of us, saying that is like saying "Just make sure to perform
> brain surgery, calculate the orbits of the moons of

Well, I can help you with two of them.  And, it's quite quick and simple.

First the noatime.

Using your favorite editor (Mine is Midnight commander)

cd /etc
mcedit fstab
Find the line that describes your drive.  Mine is:

/dev/MythTV_1/1 /storage xfs noatime,nodiratime,allocsize=512m 1 2

Next the ram drive, I have 8GB in that machine, I want a maximum usage
of 6GB.  tmpfs enlarges or shrinks depending on usage and I want it
mounted to /media/temp

mcedit fstab

tmpfs /media/temp tmpfs size=6G 0 0

To mount without rebooting, type mount -a

Doug

--

Ben Franklin quote: