[mythtv-users] missing channels

Z F mail4me9999 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 8 05:06:37 UTC 2009

Hello everybody,

I am trying to configure my system for Digital cable in Brooklyn NY, USA.
I have a strange problem, during channel scan, basically only the HD channels
are detected with a small number of simply DT channels.
However, when I use the scan utility from dvb-apps, I get a large number
of channels which are actually working (checked with mplayer).

I have tried to import the channels.conf file with mythtv-setup, but
the import command just hanged with 0% and nothing. Is it possible to configure something in mythtv-setup so it finds the channels by itself, or
how to import the channels?

Thanks a lot for your help

ZF