[mythtv-users] lowest CPU speed and RAM size

Andre Newman mythtv-list at dinkum.org.uk
Sun Jun 7 23:24:14 UTC 2009

On 5 Jun 2009, at 08:52, Tom Sparks wrote:

> What is lowest CPU speed and RAM size I need for a scheduled
> recorder, no live TV using DVB-T?

I've got a 650Mhz P3 with 320MB ram running as a single ATSC tuner
backend, it really needs a little more ram as it fails with a real
memory allocation problem every week or so!
Initially it had 256MB but failed to complete a scan successfully
until some more memory was scrounged up, so I think it represents
around the minimum practical. Just about everything is turned off
except sshd, mythtv-backend and Apache for Mythweb.

Andre