[mythtv-users] Myth experiences with Zotac ION + ATOM mobo

Nick F nikos.f at gmail.com
Sat Jun 6 17:34:40 UTC 2009

On Sat, Jun 6, 2009 at 11:30 AM, Tom Lichti <redpepperracing at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 6, 2009 at 12:19 PM, Brian Wood<beww at beww.org> wrote:
> >> I've tried everything. I just returned the RAM and got another brand,
> >> same problem. If I don't put any RAM in, when I turn it on I get one
> >> long beep, with RAM installed (1 or both slots) I don't get a beep,
> >> but the system just comes on for about 1 second and then shuts off.
> >> Nothing comes up on the display (tried both VGA and DVI) and there are
> >> no beeps.
> >>
> >> The only thing that I can think might be an issue is that I don't have
> >> the case yet, it is on back order, could that be the problem, that
> >> it's not mounted? I can't see why it would make a difference?
> >
> > Unless they are depending on the chassis to complete some ground paths,
> but
> > that's extremely unlikely, and if it did turn out to be true I'd never
> buy
> > from a vendor who did that.
> >This is the IONITX-C that comes with the 19VDC power brick so it's not
> easy to swap out. I do have a laptop supply that I think will work, I
> will try that.

I'm also waiting for my case, so set up the machine (IONITX-A which also has
the external brick) without a case.  I've got 2 sticks of Crucial RAM
(2x1GB) and everything is working great.  So - doesn't need any special
grounding.

I bought the RAM from Newegg - crucial 1GB 240 - PIN 128x64 DDR2 PC2 - 6400
CL6.

I'm really impressed with this little board.  It seems really well put
together and finished.