[mythtv-users] first build, $695 - extra eyes, please

Manuel McLure manuel at mclure.org
Fri Jun 5 22:02:11 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jun 5, 2009 at 2:36 PM, Brian Wood<beww at beww.org> wrote
> I'm not sure what would happen if the IP you have assigned to a given MAC is
> the only address available in the pool when a different MAC requests an
> address.

The solution I use for that is to define part of the subnet as the
DHCP dynamic pool, and another as the DHCP static pool - that way
there's no danger of conflicts between IP addresses. In my case, are statically assigned via DHCP, are dynamically assigned via DHCP (for
guests) and are statically assigned without
DHCP. The "range" clause in my dhcpd.conf only includes the range (I don't expect ever to have more than
3 or 4 guests on my network at once.)
Manuel A. McLure WW1FA <manuel at mclure.org> <http://www.mclure.org>
...for in Ulthar, according to an ancient and significant law,
no man may kill a cat.                       -- H.P. Lovecraft