[mythtv-users] lowest CPU speed and RAM size

barbex barbex at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 09:15:03 UTC 2009

>> Do you care about commercial scanning or transcoding?
> on slower system, it would just take longer, so it dose not worry me
>

>> If not, literally anything x86 that will run.  I ran my
>> dual card DVB-T setup on a celeron 450 with 192mb ram for
>> about 16 months.
>
> I am thinking  of a 900Mhz Celeron-M with 512mb ram
> or 1.6Ghz Intel Atom with 1024mb ram, witch one would you use?

My BE/FE is an Athlon 1GHz with threehundred-something RAM. I record
SD analog and DVB-T multirec and do on the fly commercial scanning.
It works fine for three years now.

I would go with the Atom, I would assume it is more energy efficient
and aren't there even some special Kernel things for the Atom?