[mythtv-users] JYA - Question for you about mythcommflag from your VDPAU repo?

William william_munson at comcast.net
Thu Jun 4 21:05:07 UTC 2009

On 06/02/2009 07:59 PM, William wrote:
> First off, thanks for  your help getting things set up and running. I
> only have one issue left and its a fairly significant one.
>
> The mythcommflag from your repo does not work for me. It either
> completely segfaults or runs at a pace 10x normal for that machine and
> ends up reporting either 0 or 130+ commercials. As a test, I set up my
> normal desktop computer, which runs F10, with the stock mythbackend
> from their repo and ran mythjobqueue on that computer as a slave. It
> has correctly flagged all the programs. Unfortunately its not very
> powerful and takes a long time to process a show.
>
> For giggles, I renamed mythcommflag from your repo and copied over the
> one from F10. It faults out looking for a .so module. Sorry, that was
> last night and I didnt note the exact name.
>
> Is this a known issue? What can I do about it? Can I do anything to
> help troubleshoot it?
>
> Thanks again!
> William

My email has not been working for several days but I read your reply
from the archives. I updated my system last night and it updated
mythcommflag. Since then it seems to be working. Will keep an eye on it
and if I run into another bad flagging issue I will run it under gdb and
see what going on.

W.