[mythtv-users] Auto-Transcoding

Christian Tardif christian.tardif at servinfo.ca
Thu Jun 4 20:12:32 UTC 2009

Hi,

I've search about it, but couldn't find a valuable answer to this simple
question:

Can MythTV do transcoding on the fly for files on a partition, as it is
done in TVersity or FUPPES?  I have a huge bunch of MP3 files (in fact,
my complete collection of CD's) on disk, which were played without any
problem on my Xbox360 (as well as any other uPNP client). Now that my
files are published with MythTV, no mp3 file can be played on my XBox
machine. They can be read without any problem on my different XBMC
installations, though.

There is so much features on MythTV that I get a little lost in all that
stuff.

Thanks,
--

*Christian Tardif*