[mythtv-users] first build, $695 - extra eyes, please

Alan Marchiori alan at alanmarian.com
Thu Jun 4 16:00:22 UTC 2009

> Honestly, when I saw it was over a network, I was concerned - an extra box
> and all. However, now that you mention it, for the price it's quite
> attractive.
> OK, I'm sold!

this is redundant that this point, but my HDHR has been the most
reliable piece of my myth setup.  I have used other ATSC pci cards and
had issues.  The only gripe about the HDHR is it requires a DHCP
server, you cannot assign it a static IP address.  I used to have a
flaky router and the HDHR would loose its IP address.  But this is
solved by using a half decent DHCP server.