[mythtv-users] AudioPulseUtil: Suspend Success, how can I get rid of this?

Mike cpt_mocha at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 4 07:38:32 UTC 2009

Running 0.21 fixes SVN 20549

Each time I start mythfrontend, all my other pulse audio apps go muted.  I noticed the "AudioPulseUtil: Suspend Success" message, when I quit mythfrontend I get "AudioPulseUtil: Resume Success" and my audio starts up in the other apps.

The inconsistancy here is that when I start live TV all audio comes back on (and stays on) because I setup myth audio output to "ALSA:pulse".  I don't see the point of suspending pulse when the mythfrontend menu starts if you're going to unsuspend it when live TV is started..  Why just not leave it unsuspended all the time like all the 0.21 builds thoughout the last year?

How can audiopulseutil.cpp and audiopulseutil.h be patched to stop this behavior?

This seems like an annoyance for people that actively choose to run pulseaudio.  How can this be disabled like it was in all the other 0.21 builds I've been using for the past year?

And yes, I've read the thread at http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/378477