[mythtv-users] Questions about HD-PVR and VDPAU

Jim Stichnoth stichnot at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 01:12:43 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 5:27 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> 2009/6/4 Jim Stichnoth <stichnot at gmail.com>:
>> I didn't see the change in my patched code which is from the rev 20549
>> patch, but I see that you now have a rev 20658 patch so I suppose it
>> must be there.
>
> I've just checked ...
> The VDPAU 20549 patch, includes all the latest fieldorder deinterlacer patch:
> http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/6391
>
> the latest being:
> mythtv-0.21-field-order.8.patch
>
> So I'm not sure what change you're referring to ...

I'm new at this, so please bear with me...

Anyway, Yeechang pointed to what looks like a digression from the
"perfect deinterlacer" thread.  The patch involves changing a line at
the end of NuppelVideoPlayer::AutoDeint() to be
    m_scan_locked = (m_scan_tracker > min_count && !ringBuffer->isDVD());

I just tried this out and I don't see any of the jerkiness with VDPAU
Advanced 1x that I saw before.  (I saw plenty of jerkiness with
Advanced 2x, but I think that my 9400 can't handle that.)

I hope that clears it up.

Jim